Thursday, January 31, 2013

meals and snack ideas

I don't make elaborate meal plans for an entire week. I just can't, my life is not in that much control. I do typically like to stay within a routine though.

I have egg whites (3) for breakfast- hard boiled & coffee with a small fruit or a Chobani Greek yogurt. 

My lunch is typically packed with protein. I either have boiled fish or chicken with my protein shake. 

For snacks I have fibers bars, pistachios, almonds, or fruit and veggies. 


It's hard to plan an entire day's worth of meals for me, and even harder an entire week. I try to keep healthy snacks and food around the house that will benefit me the moment hunger strikes. 


Here is a list of healthy snacks that I like to keep handy:





  1.  String Cheese
  2. Banana
  3. Greek Yogurt
  4. Apple dipped in Peanut Butter 
  5. 100-calorie bag of popcorn
  6. veggies with hummus 
  7. Almonds
  8.  Apple
  9. Hard Boiled Egg
  10. Dried Fruits
  11. Pistachios
  12.  Clementines
  13. Fruit Smoothie
  14. blueberries 
  15. celery with peanut butter 
  16. Trail Mix 
  17. Orange Slices
  18. Salad with light dressing
  19. Guacamole with veggies or tortilla chips
  20. Cashews
  21. Sugar Snap Peas( i love how crunchy these are!)
  22. Steamed Veggies
  23. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges
  24. Snack/Granola bar/Fiber Bar
  25. Protein Bar
  26. Sweet Potato Fries 
  27. Wrap (like hummus, turkey, & avocado)
  28. Broccoli (I HAVE to have cheese with mine)
  29. Peaches 
  30. Naked Juice (but only one serving!)
  31. Tuna with corn and light mayo and a handful of crackers
  32. Chicken Breast
  33. Watermelon
  34. Oatmeal



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com